Friday, July 8, 2011

Food for Thought

So yesterday, I FINALLY made it out to my local Farmer's Market, after attempting for several weeks now. Despite the automatic heat stroke I received perusing each and every vendor, I ended up purchasing some delicious finds. Scoring some petite golden potatoes, I decided on a balsamic glaze to use as a marinade, and then sauteed them to get that extra crunch. Along side some freshly cut cucumbers(also, purchased at the FM) and a few steamed Portbellos, I had whipped up quite the little lunch.
                       

Aside from potatoes and cucumbers, I couldn't leave the market without some seasonal fruit, and something special for the Hubs! I snatched up some super juicy plums, and peaches, and thankfully found some homemade strawberry jam, which is a favorite between Chris and I. It turned out to be a very successful afternoon, and I'm so excited to be able to support such committed farmers, SO CLOSE to my doorstep!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment