Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday.

Since moving into the apartment, I've had to find activities to keep me busy, especially when Chris is at work. Yesterday, we figured it was time to drag out the "Sega Genesis", and tap into our inner eight year old spirits. Playing the classics like "Sonic the Hedgehog", really brought me back to the days of friendly rivalry between the three of us, reminiscing about my childhood and missing my siblings. Unfortunately, with the very recent news of Chris's six week long departure, it looks like I'll be on the hunt for lots of new hobbies, and hopefully commit a good chunk of that time catching up with family and friends.

 Of course, writing,blogging and photography will grab the top spots on that list of "to-do's", spending lots of time with camera in hand, and inspiration close by.  Today, was like most in that I took advantage of my afternoon alone to make a mental list of everything I want to accomplish in the remaining weeks until Chris heads South. Lots of  food crawls, picnics, and movie nights, just to name a few. Fortunately, I have great support, and inspiration all around me on a daily basis, which makes situations like this a bit more tolerable. I know how quickly time is going to pass and although, it's inevitable that I'm going to miss the Hubs greatly, I am fully prepared to take this sense of separation head-on.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment