Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Martha Marcy May Marlene"

It's been quite some time, since I walked out of a movie theater with chills down my spine from the overwhelming string of emotions a film portrayed. This past Friday I was elated when Chris announced that "Martha Marcy May Marlene" was playing downtown, and without hesitation we jumped in the car and made our way to the theater. With months of built up anxiousness, I took my seat with difficulties of hiding my excitement and overall obsession for what was to come. For anyone who is not familiar with the story line of "Martha Marcy May Marlene", it is a haunting vision of a young woman's struggle adapting to a normal life after escaping an abusive cult, that she was a member of over a two year span. Elizabeth Olsen ("Martha") blew me away with her honest, and raw performance that left me breathless, gripping tight to Chris's hand in utter suspense; and of course I can't leave out John Hawkes ("Patrick") who played the frighteningly charming "cult leader". Without a doubt, this film should be nominated for dozens of awards including Elizabeth Olsen for "Best Actress", because for her first major film, she surely blew it out of the water! If you desire a film that will shake you up, and leave you guessing then "Martha Marcy May Marlene" is my top recommendation!

 
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment