Wednesday, October 31, 2012

ONE WEEK AGO

It's hard to believe that I gave birth to our perfect little girl exactly one week ago, and even more unbelievable  how different I feel in my new role as "Mama". Like any first time mother, I wasn't sure what to expect with the birthing experience and it's entirety, but needless to say I survived. Without a doubt, Chris was my rock throughout the extent of my labor and even though he felt helpless watching me toss and turn in pain, his presence helped me contain a sense of calm. Now that I sit and think back to those long sixteen hours, everything seems to be a blur and I'm still in awe of the experience as a whole. It's such an empowering moment when you finally hold the child you've been carrying for so many months, knowing that for the rest of your life your duty is to love and protect them; life as you know it is changed in a mere second. My most vivid memory from that special day is looking up at Chris seconds after Gemma's birth and seeing the smile on his face, unlike any other smile I've ever seen.
Despite all of the pain and discomfort I experienced in those long sixteen hours, it truly seems irrelevant now that baby girl is here, and more importantly healthy! It's incredible just how special she makes me feel each and everyday, and how happy it makes me to see Chris interact and be so gentle with her, because let's be honest there's nothing sexier than a man that's great with kiddos!
Let this crazy adventure called parenthood begin!




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment