Monday, April 20, 2015

Haddie Bex

It's hard to believe it's already been over a week since our second baby girl entered the world. Having another child has been a whirlwind of emotions and it's definitely been a process to adapt to life with two little ones. As any parent going from one to two children has felt, I certainly had fears before Haddie was born with how Gemma would adapt and how I would spread my love between the girls, and honestly I'm still trying to figure it all out. Trying to assure a toddler that they are still just as loved as their new baby sibling is tough but it's all part of this crazy journey and I know things will soon get back to some sort of "normal".
My delivery was the polar opposite from first time around, and it's funny how your entire "birth plan" can change in an instant. I went from being determined to deliver naturally and preparing myself mentally for the pain, to opting for an epidural 6 cm in and having a completely pain free, amazing experience. It was the best decision I could've made for myself, and wouldn't change it for a thing.
Haddie Bex was born at 4:40pm on 4/10 at 7lbs 14oz, and 19 inches long and after her first few days spent doing "photo therapy" for a bout of jaundice, we are so thankful we now have a perfectly healthy baby girl. Veritas Studio stopped by the hospital to capture some of our first moments as a family of four. I love the serenity and calmness she was able to photograph( although behind the scenes there were many tears from big sister!)


It's truly "Deja Vu" looking at Haddie when she looks identical to Gemma as a newborn!

Chris and I feel so blessed!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment