Friday, December 9, 2016

Gal Pal Society: Vicki

I'm thrilled to be jumping back into the "Gal Pal" series after a bit of a break, and have some amazing women lined up to feature in the next coming weeks. I gained so much inspiration over the past month regarding ladies encouraging one another which has driven me to focus an even greater amount on the topic and task of strengthening the community of ladies in my own personal life and furthermore.

Vicki:22

Who better to bring back the series than one of the kindest individuals I've been lucky enough to cross paths with in life. I met Vicki years ago through our church family when our first born daughters were teeny tiny. Her daughter Lily is her "mini" through and through; she's goofy and hysterically sassy, just like her Mama. Vicki is currently 23 weeks pregnant with her and her husband Josh's baby boy, Abraham. If I could guess, I'd say the little man to come is going to be one handsome boy and hopefully just as goofy as his big sister. Vicki is a stay at home mother while also practicing her passion of piercing part-time on the side.
Vicki has rocked more hair colors than I can count, and quite honestly remember, but looks just as beautiful in each and every one. Her care-free personality, and hilariously sarcastic demeanor is probably the first thing that made me certain she and I would be friends. Vicki can hang with the gals but give the fellas a run for their money; she may be sweet, but she isn't afraid to stand up to anyone which has certainly carried over to her daughter Lily's personality.
Whether you've known Vicki for years or minutes, she's the most genuine person who has the natural ability to make you feel welcome and loved. I hung out with the Geraci gals yesterday and couldn't refrain from overstaying my welcome to chat about toddlers, marriage and overall life because Vicki is just too darn good at listening and being an encouraging voice. I'm overjoyed for all the blessings that have been given to Vicki and her beautifully growing family because she deserves each one and so much more!

I laughed the entire time I was around these two. Lily is the biggest goof and she knows it!

Their connection is undeniable. Lily and Abraham are some very lucky kiddos with how much they're loved by their Mommy and Daddy.

Seriously so pretty! I can't wait for baby boy to get here!

Lily was such a ham in front of the camera, and made taking photos effortless.


1. What is it about the piercing industry that attracts you? When did you know you wanted to make a career out of it? Did you explore any other opportunities before piercing?
I’ve always been interested in art centered outlets but I felt I was lacking in actual artistic abilities(haha) so the piercing industry allowed me to channel that desire into something more structured . I had friends that pierced which was inspiring so when my favorite shop to purchase jewelry from was hiring it was a spur of the moment thing to apply and try it out for myself.

2. What is it like being a female in a male dominated industry.?
I was nervous about it at first but both shops I’ve worked at are mostly female dominated, and thankfully males have never been an issue for me. There are definitely times they’ve given me crap but I’m not the type to not speak up for myself, so they learn to not give me a hard time pretty quickly.

3.What’s your biggest horror story from piercing?
I had someone call in and ask if his girlfriend could bring him in on a leash to get pierced. Shocked, I asked him to please not seeing that we were located across the mall from a child's jewelry shop in the mall and didn’t feel it was an appropriate thing to do.  Luckily, he never actually came in to get pierced, but it was certainly the most interesting call I received working there. My co-workers teased that I attracted the weirdest clients.

4. If you didn't pierce what do you think you’d do?
I think my God-given gift has been to work with children so if I sought out a new career direction, I’d work at a daycare or something where child care is the focus.

5. You're a lady of many colors...hair colors that is. At what age, did you begin dying your hair, and is there any color you wouldn’t try?
I was 12 when I first dyed my hair. I decided on black and blue so my mom who was open and super chill about most things took me to Paul Mitchells to get it dyed professionally. Throughout the years I dyed my hair myself, and then the older I got I began to go to salons. I don’t think there is a color I’d never try. The only color I’m not super fond of on myself is brown, and that’s my natural hair color.

6. What does your daughter Lily think of your ever-changing look?
When she was smaller she was always pretty confused whenever I'd debut a new look. She’s already shown interest with dying her hair but I’d definitely like to hold off until she’s mature enough to make a sophisticated decision about it.

7. What’s your favorite thing about being a mom?
Just watching Lily’s personality develop and see this little person discover their own self. She’s the goofiest kid and it’s so surreal to see my "baby" grow a little human.

8.Christmas is quickly approaching. Do you and your family have any holiday traditions? Any new traditions you’d like to start?
Homemade Christmas cookies were something my mom was very big on growing up, so Lily has already been introduced to baking a lot for Christmas. My mom’s family is Italian so being in the kitchen is a big part of our family dynamic and we certainly never went hungry as kids. Food is a high priority to Italians. You cook with your heart and soul. I’m excited that Lily already has a love for cooking and being present in the kitchen.

9. If someone wants to buy the most perfect gift for you, what would that be?
Sephora gift cards for sure. I’ve recently gotten really into makeup. Now that I’m stay at home I’ve been able to spend more time exploring the art of cosmetics and experiment. “Give me glow” cosmetics is one I’ve discovered that’s easily one of my favorites.

10. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? Any guilty pleasures?
That I’m super emotional and it doesn’t take much for me to cry. I used to tell clients I’d pierce that I try to look tough so people won’t pick on me. I have an older sister who moved out when I was young so technically I grew up the only child in the house, and my dad spoiled me a lot. Obviously, being pregnant doesn’t help my emotions these days, and the littlest things will send me to tears.
Reality television is my biggest guilty pleasure, and it’s quite embarrassing that I own every single season of “Jersey Shore” .

11.Your three greatest accomplishments?
Trying my best to always obey God even when I don't want to. Being a mom, and being a wife.
Three greatest attributes?
My love for being a mom and nurturing to all babies. Something I truly feel God has called me to is to love on children and talk to them about Jesus even if they don’t know a single word I’m saying.
The way I view my body in a positive way. Ten years ago looking in the mirror made me feel disgusted. Now I try to look at how God views me. Josh has also helped me so much with this kind and genuine compliments, even when my belly starts to take over.
ALL of the sass! I feel it helps me break down walls and helps in conversation. It also reminds me of my mom who is one of my favorite people.

Three words to describe you?
Sassy, Goofy, and Thourough.

Vicki,
Thank you for being you because you're amazing. I'm blessed to have you as a friend, supporter, and inspiration! Love you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment